Top Airlines Offering Cheap Flights to Los Cabos, Mexico
If you plan a trip to the islands of Mexico, you may want to consider flying with one of the top airlines offering cheap tickets to Los Cabos. By saving money on your flights, you can have more to spend on other aspects of your trip, such as accommodations, activities, and dining.
Important note: Los Cabos has two main towns: Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo. These are the two parts that make up Los Cabos. It can be a bit puzzling for visitors, but once you know, it’s clear!
Find Major Airports in Los Cabos
There are two major airports in Los Cabos. This means you’ll always arrive at one of these airports before taking a taxi to your destination.
Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)
Cabo San Lucas International Airport (CSL)
Cabo San Lucas International Airport: This modern facility is 42 kilometers southwest of San Jose del Cabo. It serves the popular tourist destination of Cabo San Lucas and is the only international private airport in Mexico designated for private aircraft and small charter flights.
Flights to Los Cabos Snapshot
TOTAL NUMBER OF ECONOMY CLASS DEALS TO Los Cabos IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO Los Cabos
TOTAL NUMBER OF BUSINESS CLASS DEALS TO Los Cabos IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLASS ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO Los Cabos
The Cheapest Time to Fly to Los Cabos
The most affordable month to fly from Los Angeles to San José del Cabo is February, with fares at $285, while the priciest is June at $428. Additionally, flying at noon is roughly 46% cheaper than in the evening.
Remember that flight prices constantly change and are influenced by demand, availability, and airline policies. This means that the cost of a ticket can go up or down at any given moment, so it’s advisable to monitor prices if you’re looking for the best deal.
Cheapest months to fly
Most Expensive Months to Fly
Here’s a breakdown of airline tickets to Los Cabos in San Jose del Cabo Airport (SJD)
No Data Found
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best time to go to Los Cabos?
The best time to visit Los Cabos depends on your preferences for activities, weather, and crowds
- December to April: These months are the peak season in Los Cabos, with perfect weather for lounging on the beach. However, this is also the busiest time of the year, so expect bigger crowds and higher prices.
- May to June: After the wintertime crowds have gone home and before the summertime storms hit, May and June offer a pleasant time to visit with fewer tourists
- October and November: Hotel rates begin to climb as the area prepares for its peak season; if you want to experience Cabo, book at least a few months in advance. There are also many fishing tournaments in the fall; this is the season to find tuna, wahoo, blue marlin, and sailfish swimming in Cabo’s waters.
- July to October: This is the hottest time of year in Los Cabos, with temperatures around 30°C. If you can handle the heat, you may find good deals during this time, as it is considered the low season.
- January: Although a colder time of the year, outdoor activities like zip-lining, hiking, and horseback riding are great choices to do during this time.
How much are the cheapest plane tickets to Los Cabos?
The cheapest one-way flight cost from the United States to Los Cabos was $78 (from Los Angeles to San José del Cabo Los Cabos). For roundtrip flights, the best price was $178 from the same route.
How long is the flight to Los Cabos?
The flight duration to Los Cabos varies depending on the departure state. Here is a list of states, along with their nonstop flight durations:
- Los Angeles, California: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- New York: 5 hours and 55 minutes
- Chicago, Illinois: 4 hours and 50 minutes
- Dallas, Texas: 3 hours
- Miami, Florida: 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Denver, Colorado: 3 hours and 10 minutes
- Seattle, Washington: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- Atlanta, Georgia: 4 hours and 37 minutes
- Phoenix, Arizona: 2 hours and 10 minutes
Can I get a direct flight to Los Cabos?
The following airlines provide nonstop flights to Los Cabos, including the cities you can fly from:
- American Airlines: Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix, and Austin
- Alaska Airlines: Los Angeles and San Diego
- Delta Air Lines: Los Angeles, New York, and Atlanta
- United Airlines: Los Angeles, Houston, Denver, New York, and Chicago
- Southwest Airlines: Houston, Austin, Phoenix, San Diego, Denver
- JetBlue: Los Angeles and New York
- Sun Country Airlines: Dallas
- Spirit Airlines: Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles
Which is the cheapest airport in Los Cabos?
The cheapest airport near Los Cabos is La Paz Leon Airport, with an average cost of $143 per person. This international airport is close to the Gulf of California, offering international and domestic flights to cities like Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara, and other major destinations in Mexico. This airport’s airlines include Aeromexico, Volaris, Air France, and Calafia Airlines.