Find Major Airports in Dubai
Dubai has two major international airports, serving as important transportation hubs for the United Arab Emirates and the Middle East. Dubai Airports is in charge of running and growing these two airports.
Dubai International Airport (DXB)
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is Dubai’s principal international airport and the busiest worldwide. Situated in the Al Garhoud district, it lies 2.5 nautical miles east of the city. It operates 84 airlines and facilitates flights to and from 188 destinations. The airport encompasses three terminals, with Terminal 3 being the second-largest building globally in terms of floor space and the world’s largest airport terminal.
Dubai World Central (DWC)
Dubai World Central (DWC) or Al Maktoum International Airport is known for its facilities. DWC is a hub for cargo and low-cost carriers, with 11 airlines operating flights to 40 destinations. It has a single terminal building for both passenger and cargo traffic.
Additional airports in United Arab Emirates
In addition to these major airports, the United Arab Emirates has other international airports:
- Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH)
- Sharjah International Airport (SHJ)
- Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC)
- Al Ain International Airport (AAN)
- Fujairah International Airport (FJR)
- Ras Al Khaimah International Airport (RKT)
Flights to Dubai Snapshot
TOTAL NUMBER OF ECONOMY CLASS DEALS TO Dubai IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO Dubai
TOTAL NUMBER OF BUSINESS CLASS DEALS TO Dubai IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLASS ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO Dubai
The Cheapest Time to Fly to Dubai
The cheapest time to fly to Dubai is during the low season between May and August. During these months, the weather is extremely hot, limiting outdoor activities and making indoor attractions with air conditioning more popular.
From July to September, you can explore major attractions like Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall, and Safari Ride at the most affordable rates. The weather is also conducive to travel, making it a convenient and cost-effective option, as it is considered the off-season.
Cheapest months to fly
Most Expensive Months to Fly
If you want to know how to get cheap flights to Dubai, here’s a breakdown of airline ticket prices to Dubai (DXB) Airport
No Data Found
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the best time to go to the Dubai?
The best time to visit Dubai is from November to February, with pleasant temperatures, a lively atmosphere, and events like the Dubai Shopping and Food Festivals and the Dubai World Cup.
In November, the average temperature hovers around 25°C, with comfortable lows of 19°C and highs of 30°C, providing ample sunshine for sun enthusiasts. By February, temperatures further cool down, ranging from pleasant highs of 24°C to lows of 15°C, making Dubai a favored destination for winter sun seekers.
There are many things to do in Dubai in Spring, especially at family-oriented theme parks like IMG Worlds of Adventure and Dubai Parks and Resorts. As the rest of the hemisphere cools, visitor numbers rise. Some may find the Gulf waters a bit brisk for swimming, and it’s an excellent time to enjoy the sun on the sandy shores or take a refreshing dip in the hotel pool.
Unlock exclusive benefits with OneAir’s OneClub membership, including a discounted Dubai tour package!
How long is the flight to the Dubai?
Here are the flight durations to Dubai from major U.S. cities:
- Flights To Dubai from NYC: The average flight duration from New York to Dubai is approximately 12 hours and 54 minutes. April tends to be the most economical month to book a flight from New York to Dubai for those looking for budget-friendly options. With a frequency of 20 flights per week, travelers have various options when planning their journey between these cities.
- Flights To Dubai from Chicago: The average non-stop flight time from Chicago to Dubai is 13 hours and 25 minutes, with Emirates offering direct flights. There are currently 8 flights per week. October is usually the cheapest month to fly from Chicago to Dubai.
- Flights To Dubai from Atlanta: When flying from Atlanta to Dubai, expect layovers, typically one or two, often in cities like Amsterdam or Paris. Emirates and JetBlue usually operate flights with only one layover. The quickest route takes about 17 hours and 20 minutes. For the best rates, depart on a Thursday and avoid Sundays. Tuesdays offer the lowest fares for return flights to Atlanta, while Fridays are usually the most expensive.
Can I get a direct flight to Dubai?
Emirates is the sole airline offering nonstop flights from the USA to Dubai. The shortest travel duration is approximately 12.5 hours, depending on your departure city. JFK on the East Coast offers the fastest route, while LAX on the West Coast has the lengthiest flight times. Direct flights to DXB are accessible from JFK – John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York City)
ORD – O’Hare International Airport (Chicago), LAX – Los Angeles International Airport (Los Angeles, IAD – Washington Dulles International Airport (Washington, D.C.), HOU – William P. Hobby Airport (Houston), and SFO – San Francisco.
United’s collaboration with Emirates enables passengers from both airlines to access a broader range of destinations through a single booking. Emirates travelers arriving in Chicago, Houston, and San Francisco have connected to over 200 U.S. cities through United Airlines. With the introduction of direct flights to Dubai, United passengers can reach more than 100 destinations from Dubai through Emirates or its affiliate airline, Flydubai.