Finding cheap flights to Spain can be daunting, especially when you’re yearning for Madrid and Barcelona’s charms and cultural attractions. There’s no need to worry because we’ve cracked the code for you! This article will empower you to effortlessly track budget-friendly flights to Spain and open the gateway to its marvels.
Top Airlines Offering Cheap Flights to Spain
Most airlines operating flights to Spain are part of a global alliance, ensuring passengers enjoy high service and convenience throughout their travel to and from Spain.
- Delta Air Lines: Delta, along with KLM and Air France, offers flights from various U.S. cities to multiple destinations in Spain starting at just $387. This deal is not limited to NYC residents; you have options beyond Barcelona. Delta serves Madrid Barajas International Airport (MAD) and Barcelona El Prat Airport (BCN).
- Iberia: Iberia (IB) is Spain’s largest airline based in Madrid. It offers nonstop flights to approximately 15 domestic and 60 international destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, North America, and South America. As the national flag carrier of Spain, Iberia is a part of the IAG Group, which also includes British Airways. Additionally, Iberia now provides thrice-weekly flights between Barcelona and Miami.
- Virgin Atlantic: Through its partnership with Delta Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic can link you to over 200 destinations across the U.S. You can continue to earn and redeem your Virgin points on these flights. Virgin Atlantic serves 12 U.S. cities, primarily routing through London Heathrow Airport. The most sought-after destinations include New York City, Los Angeles, Orlando, Florida, and San Francisco. Additionally, Virgin Atlantic offers flights to the U.S. from Manchester, England, and Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Air France: Air France provides flights to major U.S. cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Houston, and Washington, D.C. They’re currently offering relatively cheaper rates from various U.S. cities to Spain, with good availability of seats booking 90 days in advance and a minimum Sunday night stay is required. The most budget-friendly option appears to be from Boston to Bilbao, with a roundtrip cost of just $3,100.
- American Airlines: American Airlines provides direct flights from the USA to Spain. Specifically, American Airlines operates a daily nonstop route between Barajas Airport (Madrid) and Dallas Forth Worth Airport (Texas). Departures from the U.S. cities for American Airlines flights to Spain include Miami (MIA), Dallas (DFW), Charlotte (CLT), Philadelphia (PHL), New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), and Los Angeles (LAX).
Sign up with OneAir and unlock exclusive notifications for unbelievably cheap plane tickets to Spain. Discover budget-friendly flights from your nearest airport to a host of global destinations!
Find Major Airports in Spain
Spain’s busiest airports are Madrid Barajas Airport, Barcelona Airport, and Palma de Mallorca Airport. These hubs facilitate domestic and international travel, serving millions of passengers annually.
- Madrid Barajas Airport (Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport): This is the primary international gateway to Madrid, Spain. It holds the distinction of being the second-largest airport in Europe considering its physical size, second only to Paris–Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- Barcelona Airport (Barcelona-El Prat Airport): This international airport is 12 kilometers southwest of the heart of Barcelona, Spain. Following Madrid Barajas Airport, it is the second-largest airport in Spain and functions as a key hub for both Vueling and Ryanair.
- Palma de Mallorca Airport: Situated 8 kilometers east of Palma in Mallorca, Spain, this international airport is located near the village of Can Pastilla. It is the third-largest airport in Spain.
Compare Prices for Direct (Nonstop) Flights and One-Stop Flights
If you’re wondering how much is a flight to Spain per cabin class, here’s a breakdown of airline ticket prices to Adolfo Suarez-Barajas (MAD) Airport when flying from Dallas/Ft Worth (DFW) Airport.
The Cheapest Time to Fly to Spain
The cheapest time to fly to Spain is from December to March, coinciding with the colder months and lower tourist activity. Early spring and late autumn also offer affordable options for flights and accommodations. Winter months feature lively markets and celebrations like Christmas, Carnival, and New Year’s Eve. For winter sports enthusiasts, mountainous areas like Granada and the Pyrenees are ideal for skiing and snowboarding. Alternatively, consider visiting during the shoulder seasons of spring (March to May) and fall (September to November). During these periods, airfare to Spain is generally lower than the busy summer season, while the weather remains pleasant in many areas.
Embark on a swift Spanish adventure with OneAir, your ultimate travel companion. Say goodbye to overpriced flights forever!
What’s the best time to go to Spain?
How long is a flight to Spain?
- New York to Madrid: 7 hours and 25 minutes
- New York to Barcelona: 7 hours and 40 minutes
- Chicago to Madrid: 8 hours and 15 minutes
- Chicago to Barcelona: 8 hours and 25 minutes
- Los Angeles to Madrid: 11 hours and 5 minutes
- Miami to Barcelona: 8 hours and 55 minutes
- Dallas to Madrid: 9 hours and 15 minutes