Unlocking cheap flights to Singapore is a pursuit for many travelers, and navigating airfare options can be challenging. Rest assured, we’re here to steer you in the right direction. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to imagine a world where the wonders of Singapore are within reach. Say goodbye to travel budget worries, and hello to the Lion City!
Top Airlines Offering Cheap Flights to Singapore
If you are looking for cheap plane tickets to Singapore, the following airlines often offer the best flight deals:
- Singapore Airlines: To reach Southeast Asia, take a New York (JFK) to Singapore (SIN) Suite flight with a layover in Frankfurt (FRA). Alternatively, nonstop flights from San Francisco and Los Angeles are available, but they only offer business class and premium economy options.
- EVA Air: EVA Air is the top choice for passengers flying from San Francisco to Singapore. Its delectable in-flight menu is an added incentive to choose Eva Air. You have multiple options with six daily flights between San Francisco and Singapore. The earliest departure is at 12:20, while the last flight leaves at 23:50.
- Cathay Pacific: Cathay Pacific serves 74 international destinations in 30 countries, including five cities in the United States: Boston, Chicago-O’Hare, Los Angeles, New York-John F. Kennedy, and San Francisco. There are no direct flights between San Francisco (SFO) and Changi Airport, so a stopover will be part of your journey. For travelers heading from SFO to SIN, you can select from at least three daily Cathay Pacific flights.
- Asiana Airlines: Asiana Airlines provides a wide range of domestic and international flight options, spanning destinations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, Japan, China, and Southeast Asia. For flights from the United States to Singapore, passengers can expect layovers in Seoul, South Korea.
- United Airlines: United Airlines provides regular direct flights from San Francisco to Singapore. With no less than 10 weekly flights, United Airlines ensures ample availability on the SFO to SIN route. The journey from SFO to SIN typically takes around 18 hours and 3 minutes.
Find Major Airports in Singapore
Singapore has two major commercial airports: Singapore Changi Airport and Seletar Airport. These hubs are the gateways for domestic and international flights. Additionally, restricted-access airports like Changi Air Base, Paya Lebar Air Base, Sembawang Air Base, Tengah Air Base, and Pulau Sudong Airport are exclusively for military and authorized personnel. Changi Airport (SIN) is Singapore’s primary hub, while Seletar Airport (XSP) caters to various aviation needs, including international charters, private flights, training, and maintenance. It handles scheduled commercial flights, providing a secondary option for turbo-prop aircraft and eases traffic from Changi Airport. For travelers moving between Changi Airport and Seletar Airport, options include taxis, private cars, or buses. It takes around 1 hour and 29 minutes and covers a distance of roughly 20 kilometers.
Compare Prices for Direct (Nonstop) Flights and One-Stop Flights
Here’s a breakdown of cheap plane tickets to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) when flying from San Francisco (SFO) Airport.
The Cheapest Time to Fly to Singapore
The cheapest time to visit Singapore is in September, during the hot summer. Singapore is warm all year, without typical seasons. This means you can find cheap flights to Singapore from USA throughout the year. The best time for cheap flights is during the tropical rains in November. July and August, when it’s really warm, also have lower prices than cooler months. Avoid going from mid-December to February, when it’s Lunar New Year, and prices are high.
Join OneAir to book flights to Singapore hassle-free. We find the best flight deals from top-rated airlines and deliver them to your inbox.
What’s the best time to visit Singapore?
How to book cheap flights from Manila to Singapore?
How long is the flight to Singapore?
- Los Angeles, California: 17 hours 10 minutes (nonstop)
- Chicago, Illinois: 21 hours 45 minutes (connecting flight)
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 22 hours 30 minutes (connecting flight)
- Houston, Texas: 21 hours 50 minutes (connecting flight)
- Miami, Florida: 22 hours 10 minutes (connecting flight)