Top Airlines Offering Cheap Flights to New Zealand
When exploring this captivating country without breaking the bank, the key lies in finding the right flights. We understand that travel expenses can add up, but fear not. In this section, we unveil the top airlines that specialize in offering affordable plane tickets to New Zealand.
Find Major Airports in New Zealand
When flying to New Zealand, these major airports offer a diverse range of travel experiences, from the vibrant city life in Auckland to the natural wonders of Queenstown and the cultural richness of Wellington. Whether you’re seeking adventure, culture, or relaxation, these airports provide excellent entry points for your New Zealand journey.
Auckland International Airport (AKL)
Auckland International Airport is the largest international airport in New Zealand, handling over 20 million passengers every year. It serves as a significant cultural and economic center, offering visitors a convenient entry point to explore both the North and South Islands. Additionally, Auckland serves as a hub for passengers flying to New Zealand from USA.
Christchurch International Airport (CHC)
The second-largest airport in New Zealand, Christchurch International Airport provides seamless access to the beautiful South Island. It’s a crucial gateway for those looking to explore the stunning landscapes and outdoor adventures this region offers.
Wellington International Airport (WLG)
Wellington, the capital city, provides a unique blend of culture, history, and nature. Flying into Wellington International Airport places you in the heart of this vibrant city, which is why it’s preferred by those looking for cheap flights to New Zealand from Melbourne (MEL) and Sydney (SYD).
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Located in Frankton, Queenstown Airport offers international flights to and from Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), Sydney (SYD), and the Gold Coast (OOL). Known as the ‘Adventure Capital of the World,’ Queenstown is a must-visit for thrill-seekers into skiing, bungee jumping, and hiking.
Dunedin International Airport (DUD)
As one of the major airports on the South Island, Dunedin International Airport is an excellent option for those looking to explore the region’s unique wildlife and picturesque landscapes. Flying from Dunedin Airport allows travelers to explore the unique wildlife and historic charm of the Otago Peninsula while experiencing a more relaxed travel environment.
Flights to New Zealand Snapshot
TOTAL NUMBER OF ECONOMY CLASS DEALS TO New Zealand IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO New Zealand
TOTAL NUMBER OF BUSINESS CLASS DEALS TO New Zealand IN THE LAST MONTH
AVERAGE ONEAIR INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CLASS ROUNDTRIP DEAL TO New Zealand
The Cheapest Time to Fly to New Zealand
New Zealand is a stunning country with unique wonders waiting to be explored during any season, according to your preferences. The best time to visit New Zealand depends largely on your preferences and the experiences you seek. However, regardless of the season, this country never fails to enchant with its natural beauty and diverse experiences.
- Spring (September to November): Spring is a delightful time to visit New Zealand as the landscape awakens with vibrant blossoms and lush greenery. You’ll find milder temperatures and fewer tourists, making it an ideal season for outdoor activities and enjoying the blooming gardens.
- Summer (December to February): New Zealand’s summer, from December to February, is when the country truly comes to life. The days are long, and the weather is warm, perfect for beach adventures, water sports, and exploring the many hiking trails.
- Autumn (March to May): Autumn in New Zealand brings a tapestry of warm hues as the leaves change color. This season is perfect for wine enthusiasts, as it’s the grape harvest season. The weather is still pleasant, and it’s an excellent time to explore the countryside.
- Winter (June to August): Winter in New Zealand, from June to August, is a haven for snow sports enthusiasts. The South Island offers some of the best skiing and snowboarding experiences. While it’s a great time for snow-related activities, it’s essential to pack warm clothing.
Cheapest months to fly
Most Expensive Months to Fly
Here’s a breakdown of plane ticket prices to New Zealand’s Auckland Airport (AKL) when flying from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
No Data Found
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top airports in the USA for finding cheap flights to New Zealand?
The top airports in the USA for finding cheap flights to New Zealand include major international gateways.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is a prominent choice, offering many flight options, including frequent direct flights to New Zealand.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is another significant hub for travelers heading to New Zealand. With multiple airlines providing direct flights, SFO provides a convenient option and potential budget-friendly fares.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is a hub for flights to New Zealand, particularly on American Airlines. If you’re seeking economical routes, DFW can be an excellent choice.
How long does a nonstop flight from the USA to New Zealand take?
The duration of a nonstop flight from the USA to New Zealand can vary depending on the departure and arrival cities. On average, a nonstop flight from the West Coast of the USA (e.g., Los Angeles or San Francisco) to Auckland, New Zealand, takes approximately 12 to 13 hours. Flights from the East Coast or other US cities may have longer durations due to the need for layovers or connecting flights.
- Los Angeles to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 12 to 13 hours
- San Francisco (SFO) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 12 to 13 hours
- Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 15 to 16 hours
- Honolulu (HNL) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 8 to 9 hours
- Chicago (ORD) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 16 to 17 hours
- New York (JFK) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 18 to 19 hours
- Houston (IAH) to Auckland (AKL): Approximately 15 to 16 hours
How frequent are the nonstop flights from the US to New Zealand?
The frequency of nonstop flights from the US to New Zealand can also vary. During the peak travel season, typically from December to February, you can find more frequent nonstop flights, especially from major West Coast airports. However, it’s essential to check with airlines and flight schedules for the most up-to-date information on flight frequencies. Airlines often adjust their schedules based on demand and seasonal factors.